Alec Baldwin has apologized one more time. The former Beetlejuice star after his talk was suspended for a gay remark.The Up Late With Alec Baldwin had been taken off the air by MSNBC following his using it towards a photographer in New York on Thursday, November 14, 2013.
‘Up Late With Alec Baldwin’, for the time being, will not be taken off air due to Baldwin’s verbal attack towards a photographer who tried to take a snap of his family.
TMZ caught the incident on video which occurred on Thursday ” (Nov 14th).
Once the clip surfaced online, Baldwintook to twitter and insisted he didn’t use the word “f-g”, claiming he actually said “fathead.”
On Friday (Nov 15th) the ’30 Rock’ actor seemed to have a change of heart and issued an apology,
“Rich Ferraro from @glaad informs me that c’sucker is an anti-gay epithet,” he tweeted. “In which case I apologize and will retire it from my vocabulary.”
MSNBC.com has published a statement by Mr Baldwin, who apologises again for using a homophobic slur.
“I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important,” Baldwin said in the statement.
“I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support. I understand “Up Late” will be taken off the schedule for tonight and next week.”
Baldwin finished with,
“I want to apologize to my loyal fans and to my colleagues at msnbc – both for my actions and for distracting from their good work. Again, please accept my apology.
Pacific Coast News!