Kanye West & Kim Kardashian to sue a Youtube boss over proposal video. The engaged couple have thrown a lawsuit at co founder Chad Hurly for releasing footage of them without getting any consent from them. West said the important question to reality star Kardashain at the baseball stadium At&T Park in San Francisco, California last week, October 21, 2013.
“Days later, Hurley uploaded the two-and-a-half minute video using his company’s new video-sharing platform, MixBit, which contains 15 short clips documenting various highlights of the couple’s big night.
Well what the pair are now doing is taking the steps of legal action against him for leaking the footage prematurely. Also allegedly said by the couple is that he an invitee to the proposal.
According to documents obtained by Tmz.com,
Kardashian agreed to let Hurley stay, but only if he signed a confidentiality agreement, which he reportedly broke by posting the video online. The suit also alleges that Hurley even sent out a press release to alert the media about his exclusive footage.
The lawsuit states,
“Hurley proceeded to try to turn the event into one starring himself, broadcasting the images he knew were the exclusive property rights of someone else.”
In Hurley’s clip, video cameras are seen filming the proposal and celebration, which were contracted by West in the event they decide to use the footage for his fiancee’s reality series, Keeping up with the Kardashians.
The couple are asking for unspecified damages.