Terrence Howard‘s ex wife has won a permanent restraining order against him. The Four Brothers star has been ordered to keep back at least three hundred yards from person in question, Michelle Ghent for the next upcoming three years, until 2016. She had been given the order on Wednesday, September 18, 2013.
According to a TMZ report,
“Howard will keep to the terms of the ruling. And he has also agreed to pay Ghent’s attorney fees of fourteen thousand eight hundred dollars. The couple did split in 2011 and their divorce was final in May. There was a legal battle going on, after Howard allegedly abused Ghent during a family trip in Costa Rica in July. Howard was said hitting and kicking his ex-wife on the face and Ghent suffered from bruises, contusions and swelling as the result.
Howard hit back at Ghent, saying that the story was made up since it was around the premiere of “The Butler”. Howard also claimed that Ghent threatened to kill him and he believed that she was serious. He also said that Ghent was treated in a psychiatric facility in the past”.
Ghent did win a restraining order back in August. At that time, the judge had ordered Howard to stay at least one hundred feet away from Ghent.